Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How do you make your dreams come true?

This is another blog I wrote a few months ago, hope you enjoy it!


Faith, Courage, Belief… Trust?

“They” say that in order to achieve our goals and dreams, one must have Faith, Courage and Belief in oneself and in a Higher Power; whatever is meant to be, will be. It’s also been said that if we want something bad enough and believe, we can achieve, if you believe it you can achieve it… But what does that really mean?

There have been times when I personally held onto a dream until I finally walked away, to achieve another dream. For some time I wanted so badly to be an actress, so long in fact it spanned over 2 decades! From the time I was a child I longed to be in the spotlight, to be the person that swept up the hearts of an entire audience, to be the person that brought others to tears because of the realism portrayed… and for quite a few years I realized that dream. I had a strong belief that it was meant to be, that I was meant to be a Super Star. In spite of the odds I put one foot in front of the other; I mustered up the courage to audition and chose to have faith in myself; that I could do it… and I did. Now I could rattle off my accomplishments like a resume` here to show you what I did and who I was or could have been, but that’s not the point here. The point is this: Sometimes we have to Trust, whether it is the Universe, God, a Higher Power, Buddha, Allah, Jesus or whomever you choose to worship, we must Trust that if it is meant to be, it can be.

I once read that God will inspire us and we may not even realize it’s Him that planted the thought, but that if we act on an inspiration, we can achieve great things. With Faith in ourselves, and if we allow ourselves to have the dream, we can realize it in our reality. If we have the courage to act on our dreams and not give up, we can accomplish our goals…

If we have the Belief that we are meant for greater things and realize we are deserving and capable, we can reach for the stars and maybe even catch a few…

To the dreamers I say don’t let anyone tell you different… don’t believe them when they say you can’t. Don’t let yourself believe you aren’t good enough or that don’t have what it takes, for you have a dream and that dream is your destiny knocking on your door, the ones locking it or barring you your entry are the Nay-Sayer’s, the corrupted ones, or the very ones that can help you rise up to the challenge to prove them wrong! Don’t let your life’s calling pass you by without giving it a good honest try, for someday it may be too late to realize the dream… when you’re ninety, sitting in a rocking chair, telling the story of ‘what could have been’ when you’ll never know if you don’t try…

So please, have Faith in yourself, have the to Courage to act on your dreams, Believe in yourself (if you believe you can achieve) and for God’s sake, Trust in yourself that you can do it!!! Have Faith in a higher power for the support and courage you desire in order to believe so that you can achieve and Trust that you deserve your dreams come true!!!

Love & Light,
Shelle

No comments: