Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Elemental Kingdom of the Keepers of Earth: Faeries


I suppose you can call this a follow-up to my previous blog about Faeries, but with a little less of the “why’s” Faeries are invisible to mortals and a little more “about them” and how to work with them and how to invite them into your lives. J

There are actually quite a few books written on the subject of the Elementals of the Earth and those who watch over the various areas of Earth but not very many are available online and free to view. Personally although I love reading books as a source for learning, sometimes it’s not always easy to do; there’s the economy vs. affordability, the hours the bookstores are open (and some areas of the country are so remote there are no bookstores, so one must shop online to get ahold of anything) and then there’s the problem of not knowing about the Elementals so what are the odds that someone would even gain interest in something if they’re not exposed to it in some form or another? So, here I am to bring some light to the subject and hopefully I’ll help peak your interest enough that you’ll start to research and hopefully you’ll begin to help our tireless friends of the Elemental Kingdom to not only help save our planet but also help save them.

If you read my previous blog then you’ll already know that the Faerie’s are in danger… their very existence is dependent upon us to believe in them to help them survive. I know it may sound kind of hokey-pokey to say “if you don’t believe they may die” but the message I was given by my friend who can see and hear Faeries is that they requested I write about them because they are in fact in danger and their lives are dependent upon us to believe. I’m here to tell you Faeries are real, they exist.  

If there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that Faeries live for thousands of years and yet they’re still able to maintain a healthy, youthfulness about them (not to mention they don’t seem to age!) They’re very playful and at night, late at night after all their hard work for the day has been completed they love to dance and sing and to put it plainly, they love to party! Their form of partying doesn’t involve liquor or anything that will hurt them however. They love to dance for hours on end and play music. If you’re looking to invite the Faeries into your garden, homes or your life then sing a little upbeat tune or play some music and dance a little; you may just find that you’re not alone and they may dance and sing right along with you. Of course at first you may not realize they’re there, but if you believe they’ll join you more than likely they will.

Another thing that I’ve read and like to do is I like to assume they’re in my yard. I say “hello Faeries” and watch to see if a branch starts to move even when all the others don’t or when there isn’t the slightest breeze and I watch for a glimmer of light. Faeries like to play and one of the things they also do is jump up & down on the plants. On a perfectly still day one time not so long ago, I was at my friends’ house and on a plant with long straight leaves (I think it’s of the yucca variety) a few of the leaves started bouncing up & down rapidly. My friend asked if I could see the Faeries, they’re jumping up & down and laughing like little kids. My 3rd eye is still opening (sometimes I can see them and other times not so much) but I could sure feel their presence and I could “feel” their happiness as their vibe was so strong.

There are old folklore stories whereas farmers used to be cautious at night, fearing going into the fields as to not upset or disturb the Faeries. They say that if the farmers upset them they could cause all of their crops not to grow, ever. Farmers live in fear to this day of upsetting the Faeries for they feel they’re bad luck. I believe it’s quite the contrary really. Faeries have a great respect for plants, crops, anything that grows from the Earth and if someone disrespects our Great Mother, then they should be cautious for the Faeries can cause people to have bad luck. But on the upside, if you show respect for Mother Earth, for the land, the trees, and animals (and pick up trash instead of throwing it down) then the Faeries will actually bless you. Let’s take the farmers for example… if when planting their crops they talk to the seeds, talk to the Faeries and ask them for help in growing a healthy crop that year so that they can feed their family and sell some to help purchase other necessities and that the Faeries are welcome to share in their harvest, then I’d bet a pound to a penny that the Faeries would oblige.

Another thing I’ve learned is that when you show generosity to the Faeries they will reward you at least 10 fold if not more. The Faeries have a certain blessing that they do for humans who are giving, kind and share what they have; they make sure that they will always have food in their kitchen. I don’t know exactly how they do it, whether it is helping you to keep your job or duplicating what you do have or bestowing good fortune on you so that you can always afford food, but they make sure to give back what they receive and more. There are actually some foods and drinks that the Faeries love and I’ve heard that if you leave some out for them, they will bestow the blessing of abundance in your home (food.)

Another thing that helps invite the Faeries into your home is to garden! Plant lots of trees if possible, flowers, especially the ones with ‘cups’ like tulips or honeysuckle. The Faeries love those because they like to go inside of them and play. They especially love hummingbirds so flowers or hummingbird feeders make them happy too; Faeries love to jump on a hummingbird and go for a ride so if you invite the hummingbirds you’re also inviting the Faeries. There are some flowers that are becoming extinct according to the Faeries and they will bestow great blessings on those who plant and grow those flowers… (You’ll have to do the research on that one!)

They also love bird baths, as those too invite the birds into your garden and the Faeries love birds. A note about your garden though, please don’t just go chopping things like branches or trimming bushes out of the blue! The Faeries get very upset when you do that because they may be living there and you may just chop down their home! I’ve heard it said that you should ask permission first and wait and see. Sometimes you’ll get a “feeling” or hear a voice in your head whether it’s ok or not. Otherwise, I recommend at the very least that you let them know you’re getting ready to do some trimming if it’s needed. The Faeries actually love gardens that grow wild, so the less trimming you do the better! I like to at least let the plant know to brace itself because I have to trim it. I tell it I’m sorry if it hurts them but that I’ll trim as little as possible and I keep my word. If I’m trimming dead-heads off my roses, I let the roses know I’m just trimming the dead-heads and I’m sorry. I’ve noticed that if I don’t let them know ahead of time the thorns seem to grab ahold of me and don’t want to let go! So, just a forewarning, if you’re going to do some gardening, take heed that the plants and trees can feel everything you’re doing and yes it hurts. One thing that upsets the Faeries is when someone cuts branches off their tree or the like and simply throw them away or burn them. If you plan on cutting a branch, please try and find another use for it. Whether it’s a walking stick or some other type of craft, try and find a use for it. I like to live by the motto “back to the Earth” so that Mother Nature can recycle things as she sees fit. When I have to trim the dead-heads off my roses I either use the flowers in a bowl as potpourri &/or I put it under the roses so that it can be composted back to dirt. If it comes from the Earth, please try to give it to back when you’re done enjoying it.

When I was a kid my sister and I had Faeries that went with us everywhere. They had a home in our yard and when our dad would mow the yard they got so upset because he was destroying their home. In a bit of retaliation and as a good laugh they used to take his socks and cut holes in them for their heads and they’d wear them as dresses! He wouldn’t be able to find his socks, they’d always be missing and when he did they’d have holes where the toe goes! The Faeries used to get a kick out of it and laugh their little heads off! Needless to say, our 3rd eyes closed up on us and we’ve been working to getting them opened again. My sister has made more progress on this than I have and one of the ways she’s done this is to release any grudges, negative feelings and resentment. It’s not always easy to let go of the pains of the past, but if you want your 3rd eye to open, it’s necessary.

Another thing I’d like to note before wrapping this one up, is that if you’re ever in your garden or out for a walk and you suddenly smell a sweet smell like flowers or perfume but no flowers are near and neither is anyone else, say hello to the Faeries as that’s their way of greeting you. If you acknowledge them, you’re another step closer to being able to receive blessings from them.

Faeries may be tricksters, like to play games by hiding keys (or your socks!) but if you’re mindful and kind, they’ll bestow blessings instead of playing pranks on you. If you have a feeling that they’re hiding your keys or something else goes missing even though you know where you left ‘it’ try to laugh a little and say something like “good one Faeries! I know I need to have more fun, now can you give me my _____ back?”J And it just may appear when you turn around and back again! I’ve had that happen many times and from what I’ve learned it’s their way of trying to get you to lighten up and have a little fun. Faeries enjoy life and they like to remind us to do so too.
Love & Light,

Shelle

No comments: